Do you reside in Hyderabad? Or do you own any property in Hyderabad? If you are a resident of Hyderabad or own a property in the metropolitan city, you are subject to make GHMC Property Tax Payment every year. Every year, the state government of Telangana gets a major percentage of funds from the public in the form of property tax. Compared to the remaining zones in Telangana, the property owners in Hyderabad are imposed higher taxes. If you have constructed a new building or thinking to renovate the existing home, the government will increase the property tax and assesses the amount to be payable as per the current dorm rate. If you’re not aware of the GHMC Property Tax payment procedure, we’re here to guide you, readers. In this post, we’ve mentioned the detailed process to pay the GHMC House Tax online. Have a look!
GHMC Property Tax Online Payment
Wondering how to pay GHMC Property Tax Online? If so, you’re in the right place! The government levies property tax on the property owners to provide a wide variety of civic facilities to the citizens across various regions. To look after the road maintenance, public parks, surrounding cleanliness, drainage system, etc., in various localities, the government will impose property tax across different municipalities. The payment website for GHMC Property Tax Online Payment varies from the residential and commercial properties in Telangana.
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is the popular municipal corporation of Hyderabad which is responsible for collecting property taxes from the citizens residing or owning a property in the metropolitan city. Depending on the slab rates and the annual rental value and the current dorm rates, GHMC will levy property tax on the owners. All the residents and property owners of Hyderabad can pay the GHMC House Tax on the official website or through offline modes.
The property owners have the provision to estimate their property tax using the property tax calculator available on the official website. By providing the PTIN Number and other information, the individuals can get their GHMC Property Tax Details online. However, there might be slight differences in the property tax amount depending on the precise location of the property. Still, the property owners can get a basic idea about the amount to be paid as the property tax. To make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment, individuals need to have a few things handy. It includes the following:
- PTIN Number
- Registered Mobile Number
What Is PTIN Number GHMC? PTIN Number is referred to as the Property Tax Identification Number. PTIN Number varies from one house to another house or villa or apartment in Hyderabad. It is a 10-digit unique number given to every independent house or apartment in Hyderabad which is used to pay the GHMC Property Tax online. In case, you have 2 or more properties in different locations in Hyderabad then, you will get a PTIN number against each property.
Wondering How to Find PTIN Number? The individuals can easily find their respective PTIN numbers online. Here’s the detailed procedure to find the PTIN number online i.e., through the official website of GHMC Property Tax.
- Visit the official website of GHMC Property Tax i.e., at onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in.
- On the home page of the website, you can find various options.
- Click on the button ‘Search your Property Tax’ displayed on the left-hand side menu.
- Choose your GHMC Circle i.e., the circle to which your property belongs.
- Enter your Door Number in the provided field.
- Click on the ‘Search Property Tax’ option.
- Further, your PTIN Number against your property will be displayed on the screen.
- Through this procedure, you can easily get your PTIN Number online.
Steps for GHMC Property Tax Online Payment
As you’ve acquired your PTIN number, proceed to pay your GHMC Property Tax Online. Go through the detailed step-by-step procedure furnished below to pay the GHMC House Tax online and download the GHMC Property Tax Receipt.
- Initially, visit the official website of GHMC Property Tax from your device i.e., at onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the button ‘Know your Property Tax Dues’.
- Click on the button.
- Further, you will be asked to enter your PTIN Number in the given field.
- Enter your PTIN Number and provide your registered mobile number.
- Hit the button ‘Know your Property Tax Dues’.
- Your property tax amount will be displayed on the screen along with the GHMC Property Tax Details.
- You can find your property tax arrears’ details, interest on arrears, property tax amount to be payable, adjustments, and other details that will show up.
- Verify all the details and proceed to pay the property tax online.
- You can find different payment methods displayed on the screen to pay the property tax.
- The payment options include credit card, net banking, and debit card.
- Select your preferred payment method from the drop-down menu.
- If you select a debit card as your payment method, enter your 16-digit Debit Card Number, expiry date, CVV Number, and the tax amount in the given fields.
- Hit the option ‘Pay Now’. Once the payment is done, you will get a confirmation regarding your Property Tax Payment.
- You can then find your GHMC Property Tax Receipt displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of the receipt for further reference.
This is the simple procedure to make GHMC Property Tax Payment online.
GHMC Property Tax Receipt
After the GHMC House Tax payment is done either online or offline, the individuals will receive a GHMC Property Tax Receipt. If you pay your property tax online i.e., from the official website, you can find the receipt after the completion of the payment. Individuals can easily GHMC Property Tax Receipt Download it online from the official website. If you pay your property tax offline i.e., at the nearest MeeSeva Kendras, Citizen Service Centers, Bill Collectors, or SBI branches, the concerned person will provide a GHMC Property Tax Receipt confirming that your property tax payment is done successfully.
Who Is Exempted From Paying GHMC Property Tax?
Who Is Exempted From Paying GHMC Property Tax? There are a few exemptions to the individuals from paying the GHMC property tax. There are a few cases wherein GHMC will exempt property tax payments. Check it out!
- If the property is owned by any religious spaces, holy places such as temples, churches, mosques, and other places, military servicemen, ex-employees, and others, such places and individuals will be exempted from paying the GHMC property tax.
- The properties that are owned by government-recognized schools and charitable organizations are exempted from the property tax payment.
- The properties that aren’t occupied or vacant properties need not pay the complete property tax. For such properties, the government will provide a concession of 50% of the full property tax amount. However, the concession will be applicable depending on the Tax Inspector’s official report.
- For properties whose Monthly Rental Value [MVR] is less than Rs. 50, property tax will be exempted.
- For residential houses whose annual rental value is less than Rs. 600, a property tax exemption will be applicable.
That’s all! This is everything you need to understand about the GHMC Property Tax Payment procedure. We hope this article has helped you in finding the simple process to pay the GHMC Property Tax online. If you still have any doubts or queries, ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to our website INDonline for more articles related to property tax, banking services, and more.
- 1. How Often Should I Pay Property Tax?
GHMC Property Tax payment should be done twice a year i.e., on 31st July and 15th October every year. If there is any delay in the payment of GHMC Property Tax, the corresponding individuals will be levied an interest of 2% on the total property tax amount.