Have you applied for a PAN Card recently? If so, you may be anxious to find out the PAN Card application status. A PAN Card is a vital identity document issued by the Indian Income Tax Department. A Permanent Account Number is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code that is required for all taxpayers to carry out various financial activities in the country. Individuals can easily apply for a PAN Card through online and offline modes. By visiting the official websites i.e., UTIITSL or Protean eGov Technologies Limited, individuals can apply for PAN Card online. After applying online, the applicants can track the status of their PAN Card application. To Check PAN Card Status, the individuals can either visit NSDL or UTIITSL websites and other offline methods. Here is an in-depth guide that helps you understand different ways to Track PAN Card Status.
Check Pan Card Status
PAN Card is an acronym for Permanent Account Number. It is a unique 10-character alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department of India. As per the Indian Income Tax Act, PAN is issued to all taxpayers and judicial entities. PAN Card acts as crucial identification proof which is highly important whilst filing IT returns. Apart from filing IT returns, PAN Card is also required when you initiate huge transactions i.e., more than Rs. 50000 from your bank account. If you have already applied for a PAN Card and seeking to Track Pan Card Status then, you have got a plethora of methods.
If you have finished the PAN Card application online, you have the feasibility to track the status of your PAN application. Applicants can Check PAN Card Status i.e., through the official websites of UTIITSL and Protean eGov Technologies Limited (previously known as NSDL). The procedure to track the status of a PAN Card is quite simple and quick. At the time of PAN Card application submission, the applicants will receive a Pan Card Acknowledgement Number. Using the same, individuals can track the status of their PAN Card.
How to Check Pan Card Status?
Whenever you have applied for a new PAN Card, request to make changes or corrections to the existing PAN Card, or request a reprint of your PAN Card in case of a lost or misplaced one, you can check your PAN Card status. There are different ways to check the PAN Card Status both online and offline. Using their name and date of birth, applicants can track the status of their PAN Card application. By visiting the NSDL or UTIITSL websites, you can check the PAN Card application status. The offline mode of checking the PAN Card status is by calling the corresponding executives to a specific number.
To track the status of the PAN Card application online or offline, you need to keep a few things handy. The date of birth of the applicant, acknowledgment number received at the time of PAN Card application, and other vital details are essential to track the PAN Card Status. What Is Pan Card Acknowledgement Number? If you are not aware of an acknowledgment number then, you can go through this post. An Acknowledgment Number is issued to the applicant once they have successfully submitted their application for a PAN Card online. Through this acknowledgment number, the applicants can track the status of their PAN application.
How to Check Pan Card Status Online?
Wondering How to Check Pan Card Status Online? There are different ways to check PAN Card status online i.e., through the NSDL and UTIITSL websites. Follow the easy steps furnished below to track PAN Card application status by visiting the NSDL website.
- Initially, go to the official website of NSDL i.e., Protean eGov Technologies Limited website from your device i.e., at tin.tin.nsdl.com.
- Soon after landing on the website, you can find empty fields to be filled in.
- Select the type of application i.e., PAN – New/Change Request from the given options in the drop-down menu.
- In the next field, you need to enter the 15-digit Acknowledgement Number.
- Below that, you need to enter the random Captcha Code displayed on the screen.
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- In a couple of seconds, your NSDL PAN Card Status will be displayed on the screen.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to Track Pan Card Status through the NSDL website i.e., using the acknowledgment number. You will be able to track your PAN Card application status only after 24 hours of filing the application online.
Through UTIITSL Website
UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) is an official website through which individuals can easily apply for a PAN Card and track their application status. Follow the simple steps curated below to track the application status of your PAN Card through the UTIITSL website.
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL and navigate to the website trackpan.utiitsl.com.
- On that page, you will be asked to fill in the Application Coupon Number. Otherwise, you can even enter your 10-digit PAN Number.
- Further, you need to enter your Date of Birth.
- Further, enter the random Captcha Code shown on the screen.
- At last, after filling in all the details, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your PAN Card application status will be shown on the screen.
Pan Card Status by Name and Date of Birth
Another method is that you can get the Pan Card Status by Name and Date of Birth. For that, you need to visit the official website of Income Tax E-Filing. We have provided a quick link here so that you can easily visit the page and go through the status of your PAN Card application. Check the detailed steps given below to check the Pan Card Status Check by Name and DOB.
- Initially, visit the official website of Income Tax E-Filling i.e., at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the section ‘Quick Links’.
- Under this section, you can find a slew of options.
- Click on the option ‘Verify your PAN details.
- Enter your details such as the PAN Number, Applicant’s Full Name, and Date of Birth.
- Further, you need to select the status as applicable.
- Below that, enter the Captcha Code to verify the aforementioned information.
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- On the next screen, you can find a message that reads ‘Your PAN Is active and the details match with PAN Database.’
This is the easy method to Track Pan Application Status using your name and date of birth.
Track Your Pan Card Application Status by Calling
If you don’t have access to an active internet connection, we have come up with another simple method to Track Pan Card Status. All you need to have is an actively working mobile number to utilize this method to check the PAN Card application status. Track Your Pan Card Application Status by Calling from your mobile number. Call the corresponding executives from the Tax Identification Number Call Center to track your PAN application status. After calling the number, the corresponding executive will come on the line. Provide your 15-digit Acknowledgment Number whenever asked. The person will give you an update about your PAN Card application’s current status.
Here’s the TIN Call Centre Number: 020-27218080
Make sure you call the aforementioned number only between 07:00 AM and 11:00 PM. If you are unable to contact the call centre within the prescribed timings, you can track the status of the PAN Card through IVR (Interactive Voice Response) from 11:00 PM to 07:00 AM. This is the simple method to Check Pan Card Status by Mobile Number.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to Check Pan Card Status. Through this post, we have explained different ways to Track Pan Application Status online and offline. If you still have any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section. Visit our website frequently to learn more about government-related schemes, Aadhaar applications, and more.
1. Can I Change My Pan Card Delivery Address?
Individuals can change their PAN Card Postal Address by filling out the PAN Change Request Form. You can find this form on the official website of NSDL.
2. How to Check the Speed Post Tracking Status?
Visit the website of Speed Post Tracking. Provide your consignment number and hit the 'Track' option. Just by sending an SMS, you can track your consignment. Here's the format of the SMS: Type 'POST Track <<13-digit Article Number>>' and send it to 166 or 52969. This way, you can track the status.