Want to apply for a PAN Card? Individuals looking forward to applying for a PAN Card can do it either online or offline. A Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card is a vital identity document that can be used while purchasing a vehicle, filing Income Tax Returns, Property Tax, opening a bank account, and more. PAN Card is a unique 10-digit Alphanumeric Number that acts as identity proof. Want to apply for PAN, Here is the detailed in-depth guide on ‘How To Apply PAN Card Online’.
Documents Required To Apply For PAN Card
To apply for a PAN Card, individuals must submit some vital documents. The applicants need to submit identity proof, address proof, date of birth proof, and other essential documents during the PAN Card application. Individuals need to produce the originals and Xerox copies of specific documents for the PAN Card application. In this post, we have furnished the list of Documents Required To Apply For PAN Card.
The applicants can submit a photocopy of any of the documents furnished below as proof of address. Along with the application form for PAN Card, individuals can also submit a photocopy of address proof.
Photocopy of any of the following documents.
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Property Tax Assessment Order
- Post Office Passbook
- Domicile Certificate
- Allotment Letter of Accommodation issued by the State or Central Government (Not more than 3 Years Old)
- 1st & last page of the spouse’s passport (Address mentioned in the application form should match with the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- Property Registration Document
Self-Attested Copy of any of the following documents.
- Utility Bills such as Water Bill, Electricity Bills, Broadband Connection/Landline Bills (Not more than 3 months old)
- Gas Connection Proof (Must provide the latest bill)
- Credit Card Statement (Last 3 Months)
- Bank Account Statement (Statement with latest bank account transactions)
- Depository Account Statement
- Original Certificate of Address signed by the Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer or Member of Parliament/Member of Legislative Assembly
- Original Employer Certificate
Submit any of the following photocopies along with the PAN Card application form.
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Ration Card comprising the applicant’s photo
- Voter ID Card
- Pensioner Card comprising the applicant’s photo
- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Card or Central Government Health Scheme Card
- Photo ID Card issued by the PSU or Central or State Government
- Arm’s License
- Original Certificate of Identity signed by the MP/MLA/Gazetted Officer or Municipal Councilor
- Original Bank Document on the Letterhead from the branch (Must have the name and stamp of the issuing officer) Letterhead must have duly attested photo and bank account number of the applicant
Date of Birth Proof
Submit the xerox copies of any of the documents furnished below.
- Aadhaar Card
- Pension Payment Order (PPO)
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar
- Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority/Registrar of Birth and Deaths
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Government
- An Affidavit acquired in lieu of date of birth certificate
- SSLC Marks sheet or Certificate issued by the recognized organization
- Photo Identity Card comprising the name and Date of Birth Issued by the State or Central Government or any PSU
Carry all the essential PAN Card Apply Documents as mentioned above before heading to Apply PAN Card Online India.
How To Apply For a New PAN Card?
Want to know How To Apply For New PAN Card? Individuals can apply for a new PAN Card through online and offline modes. If you apply for PAN Card online then, there is a feasibility to make necessary corrections and request for change in the application form PAN Card. There are two different websites wherein individuals can apply for the PAN Card i.e., through NSDL and UTIITSL websites.
Protean eGov Technologies Limited was formerly known as NSDL. UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) is another website through which individuals can apply for a PAN Card. Using any of the platforms, you can Apply PAN Card Online India. In this article, we have explained two different methods to apply for a PAN Card through online modes i.e., via NSDL and UTIITSL websites. Check it out!
NSDL PAN Card Apply Online
Follow the easy steps furnished below to apply for a PAN Card online i.e., through the NSDL website.
- Initially, visit the official Website of NSDL i.e., Protean eGov Technologies Limited Website.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the PAN Application section.
- Choose the application type i.e., Form 49A – for Indian Citizens and Form 49AA – for Foreign Citizens
- After selecting the type of application, select the category from the available options. The options include Individual, Association of Persons, Body of Individuals, Limited Liability Partnerships, Trust, Government, Firm, Artificial Judicial Person, Hindu Undivided Family, and Local Authority.
- In the next field, select the title i.e., Shri, Kumari, or Smt. The title that you select will be printed on your PAN Card.
- Further, enter your last name/surname, first name, and middle name in the provided fields.
- In the next field, select your Date of Birth/Formation/Incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Fill in your Email ID, currently using your Mobile Number and Captcha Code.
- After filling in all the details, submit the application form.
- On the next webpage, you will get an acknowledgment with a token number.
- Tap on the option ‘Continue with the PAN Application Form’.
- Further, you will be redirected to fill in the personal details identical to Form 49A or Form 49AA. Enter all the required details in the form.
- Select the mode of submitting the documents. You can find three different options to submit the documents.
- It includes ‘Forward application documents physically’, ‘Submit digitally through a digital signature’, and ‘Submit digitally through e-sign’.
- In the final step, you need to proceed with the declaration and document submission. Ensure that you have submitted the form without any typos.
- Further, tap on the button ‘Proceed’ that redirects you to the payment page.
- Select your preferred payment option from the given options.
- You can select either online payment through the bill desk or Demand Draft based on your choice.
- If you select the DD option, you must take a DD before commencing the online application process via NSDL. The reason is that you need to fill in the DD number, date of issue, amount and the bank name wherein the DD is generated.
- If you select the online payment option, you can prefer either net banking or debit or credit cards.
- Click on the option to accept all the terms of service.
- Proceed to make the payment i.e., PAN Card Application Fee through any of the payment modes.
- The PAN Card application fee will depend on the documents you attach with the application form.
- After finishing the payment via credit or debit card, you will get an acknowledgment receipt. If you have paid via net banking, you will get a payment receipt.
- Take a printout of the receipt for further reference.
- Along with the acknowledgment receipt, you need to send two photographs (Latest).
- Paste the passport-size photo on the acknowledgment receipt. Sign on the receipt with a black pen. Send the same to the Income Tax Department.
- Attach the relevant documents with the acknowledgment paper and send them via post or courier within 15 days from the date of the online application.
- After your application is verified, the concerned authorities will approve your PAN Card application request.
- On your registered mobile number and email id, you will get your PAN Card Number.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to Apply PAN Card Online in India through the NSDL website.
Apply for PAN Card via UTIITSL Website
Follow the steps given below to apply for a PAN Card online i.e., through the UTIITSL website.
- First of all, go to the official website of UTIITSL from your device.
- Navigate to the option ‘PAN Services’.
- Select the option ‘PAN Card for Indian Citizen’ or ‘PAN Card as Foreign Citizen’.
- Further, you need to click on the option ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A).
- You will be redirected to a new page wherein you can find Form 49A or Form 49AA.
- A couple of options will be shown on the screen.
- You can fill the Form in any of the modes i.e., ‘Physical Mode’ and ‘Digital Mode’.
- To get a hard copy of the PAN Card, select the option ‘Physical Mode’.
- Submit the application after signing it at the nearest UTIITSL office.
- If you select the digital mode option, you can sign the form via DSC mode or using an Aadhaar-based e-Signature.
- Fill in the details precisely and hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Further, you will be redirected to the payment page. Select your preferred payment gateway option i.e., through DD, net banking, credit or debit card, and cheque.
- After the completion of the PAN Card application fee payment, you will receive a receipt confirming the payment.
- Take a printout of the same for future reference.
- On the printout of the receipt, put your signature and affix 2 passport-size photos.
- Submit your relevant documents such as the address proof, identity proof, and dob proof along with the application form and photos online or send them to the nearest UTIITSL office for verification and further processing.
- Once the verification is done, PAN Card will be issued by the corresponding authorities.
Apply for PAN Card Offline
Wondering How To Apply For PAN Card Offline? Till now, you have seen two different methods to apply for PAN Card online i.e., through NSDL and UTIITSL.
- To apply for the PAN Card offline, you need to visit the nearest NSDL or UTIITSL center in your location.
- You can either collect Form 49A at the office or download Form 49A from the official website of NSDL.
- After downloading the form, fill in the form with precise details.
- Affix two passport-size photographs on the application form.
- Pay the PAN Card application fee in the form of DD in favor of NSDL – PAN.
- Attach the necessary documents along with the application form.
- Write the ‘Application for PAN N-Acknowledgment Number’ on the envelope of the application form.
- The application form must be sent to the following address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
After the verification and processing of the application form, PAN Card will be generated. The officials will send the PAN Card to your residential address within 15 days from the date of submission.
Benefits Of Having PAN Card
There are copious Benefits Of Having PAN Card. In this post, we have compiled a list of significant benefits of a PAN Card. Check it out
- PAN Card is required at the time of opening a new bank account, a Demat account, and applying for a new landline or mobile connection.
- PAN Card is used during the purchase of lands, vehicles, and other immovable properties.
- A PAN Card is essential at the time of purchase of foreign currency and depositing more than Rs. 50000 at banks.
- Filing IT Returns
- Starting a New Business
- Evades TDS – Tax Deductions
- Ability to claim Income Tax Refunds
- While traveling to foreign countries
Well, this is all you need to know about How To Apply PAN Card Online. Hopefully, this article has guided you in understanding the application process for a PAN card online or offline. If you still have any doubts regarding this post, let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to our website INDonline for more articles related to PAN Card application, Voter ID application, banking-related articles, and more.
1. How Many Days To Get PAN Card After Applying Online?
Usually, it takes at least 15 to 20 working days to obtain the PAN Card after applying online. In recent times, applicants have had the facility to obtain PAN cards within 48 hours through Instant PAN Card Apply.
2. What is the PAN Card Apply Online Fee?
To dispatch the PAN Card to an Indian address, a fee of Rs. 110 will be charged. A fee of Rs. 1020 will be charged if the PAN Card needs to be dispatched outside India.
3. What is the PAN Card Apply Age?
The Department of Income Tax hasn't mentioned any specific age restriction to apply for a PAN Card. However, PAN Card is issued to those individuals who have age above 18 years.