If you are planning to travel abroad then you may already know that you have to make transactions according to the currency of the country you are in. Good thing is that if you have an SBI debit card you can enable international transactions in order to make payments and withdrawals. If you don’t know the process of How to Enable International Transactions on SBI Debit Card, read this post completely. SBI customers have several options to enable international transactions on their debit card, they can choose any one of them to enable the service.
Available Options To Enable International Transaction on SBI Debit Card
SBI customers have four easy options to enable international transactions, all of them are given below and explained very clearly here. After checking them if you still have any doubts you can ask us in the comments.
- By using SBI internet banking
- By using SBI YONO App
- Enable International Transaction on SBI With SMS
How to Enable International Transaction on SBI Debit Card Using Internet Banking
If you have enabled internet banking on your SBI account then you can easily activate international banking by just logging in to your account. Step by step guide is clearly explained below check it out.
- Open onlinesbi.com from your browser and log in to your net banking account.
- After login click on the E-services tab
- On the new page from the left side menu click on “ATM Services”
- Select the link “ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change”
- From the list of cards select the one you want to enable international transactions and select the channel.
- In the next step “enable CPN Channel” and change the type of usage to international
- Once completed you can click on submit button to enable international transactions on the SBI Debit card
Use YONO app to Enable SBI International Transactions
YONO is one of the most commonly used apps among SBI customers. They can transfer money, pay bills, etc., through the app. If you want to enable international transactions from your YONO app follow the steps given below.
- Open the YONO app and log in to the app
- From the left-side menu click on service request
- Now click ATM/Debit card, on the new screen tap on manage card
- From the first drop-down list select the account number and from the second drop-down select the debit card number
- Now you will be displayed with a few options under the Manage Usage section
- Here turn on the toggle button beside the international usage
- On the new screen enter the OTP you have received and tap on submit button
- Now a message will be displayed stating that international transaction on SBI Debit Card is processed successfully
How to Enable International Transaction on SBI Debit Card By using SMS
If you don’t have any access to the internet and want to activate international transactions on your debit card, then you can do it easily by sending an SMS from a registered mobile number. SBI Customers just need to send an SMS in the below-given format to 9223966666.
- SWON POS 1111 Send to 9223966666
- SWON ECOM 1111 Send to 9223966666
- SWON INTL 1111 Send to 9223966666
Note: Replace ‘1111’ with the last four digits of your debit card.
Advantages of turning on International Transactions on SBI Debit Card
- When you are abroad You can pay the bills with a card
- You will earn reward points when you use the debit card internationally
- Customers will get injury and air travel insurance which is very useful to have
- If you lost your SBI debit card then you can block it from anywhere.
If you follow any one of the above steps then you can easily enable International Transactions on SBI Debit Card, we hope you find the answer for what you are searching for on our website.
- 1. Which SBI Debit card helps you enable international transactions?
Users can enable international transactions on any type of SBI Debit card
- 2. Should I enable international transactions on SBI debit card?
If are a traveler who frequently goes to other countries then you should enable international transactions.
- 3. Does SBI charge for enabling international transactions?
No, you will not be charged for activating international transactions on a debit card