There are various reasons for customers to block State Bank ATM or Debit Card, the most common one is losing it. If you feel like someone secretly knows details about your debit card then you should immediately change the PIN or block it. If you are searching for a way to block an SBI ATM card and don’t know the complete process go through this article. Here you will find the process of How to Block SBI ATM card.
There are several methods you can follow to block your Debit Card, you can use any one of them according to your convenience. SBI customers can block their ATM/Debit Card By Using any one of the following methods.
- By Using IVRS
- Block ATM By SMS
- Using Internet Banking
- Use YONO App to block the Debit Card
- Visit the branch to Block the ATM
How to Block SBI ATM Card by Phone Call (IVRS)?
SBI has a toll-free number that works 24/7, customers can call the following numbers regarding any problem. If you lost your ATM/Debit card call make a call to any of the two SBI ATM card block customer care numbers, 18004253800 or 1800112211. Now follow the instructions of the IVRS to SBI ATM Card Block. Remember that you need the last digits of your debit card number and account number if you want to block ATM by IVRS.
Customer can Block SBI ATM Card by SMS
Another simple way to block debit card is by sending an SMS from a registered mobile number. Remember that you need the last 4 digits of your debit card if you want to block your card by SMS. Type the SMS in the below-given format and send it to 567676.
‘BLOCK<space>1111’ send to 567676 replace 1111 with the last four digits of your debit card.
Once the details are confirmed then you will receive a confirmation message from the State Bank of India with a ticket number. Keep this message for future reference.
How to Block SBI ATM Card Online (www.onlinesbi.com)
If you have enabled Netbanking on your SBI Savings account then you can easily do SBI Debit Card Block Online. Customers can log in to their net banking account for SBI ATM Card Block following the steps explained below.
- Open netbanking portal www.onlinesbi.com from any browser
- Now go to e-Services tab here you will find ATM Card Services and then click on Block ATM Card
- Here you have to select the account that linked to the Debit Card you want to block.
- All the active cards will be displayed with first and last four digits
- Select the card you want to block then click submit
- Customer has a choise for mode of authentication so you can choose between ‘SMS OTP’ or ‘Profile Password’
- Fill the next tab with ‘OTP’ or ‘Profile Password’ according to your selected mode of authentication
- Done now your SBI Debit Card will be blocked, a success message will be displayed with Ticket No. Save it for future reference.
How to Block SBI Debit Card Using YONO app?
If you are familiar with net banking then you could use YONO app to block your debit card.
- Login to the app
- Got to ‘Services request’ now select ‘Block ATM/Debit Card’
- Enter your internet banking password
- Choose the card number you want to block
- Select the blocking type Perminently or Temporary
- You will receive an OTP enter it in required field
- Now your card will be blocked,same will be confirmed with an SMS
How to Block SBI ATM Card Offline?
If you cannot block your card by following the above-mentioned steps then you can always go to SBI Branch to block the SBI Debit Card. Visit the Nearest Branch explain to the officials that you lost your card and request them to block the debit card.
Tell us your opinion if this article helped you on How to Block SBI ATM Card. Our website indonline.net is the one-stop solution for most of your queries so keep visiting.
- 1. Can I block my ATM card with my mobile?
Yes, you can block the debit card by calling or sending an SMS
- 2. How to Quickly block your lost/stolen SBI ATM/Debit card?
By sending a simple SMS ‘BLOCK<space>1111’ send to 567676 replace 1111 with the last four digits of your debit card.
- 3. Can I Apply for a new ATM card after blocking?
Yes, customers can apply for a new one easily by online or visiting the branch.
- 4. What is SBI ATM Card Block toll-free number?
SBI ATM Card Block Numbers are 18004253800 or 1800112211