Running out of cheque leaves in your SBI Cheque Book? If so, SBI allows its customers to apply for a new SBI Cheque book. SBI account holders can apply for chequebooks in different ways. State Bank of India customers can apply for a chequebook either online or offline. By visiting the nearest bank branch, through the YONO SBI mobile app, net banking provision, etc., the customers can apply for a Cheque Book with their required number of cheque leaves. Customers can request a cheque book for any of the savings accounts, current accounts, overdraft accounts, and other cash credit accounts. Here’s a detailed article that explains different ways to SBI Cheque Book Request through online and offline ways. Have a look!
How to Apply For Cheque Book in SBI
State Bank of India is a popular nationalized bank in the country that offers a wide array of banking services and products to customers. Cheque Book facility is available to all the people who hold an account in SBI. Using a cheque, the SBI accountholders can make cash transactions from one account to another account. By default, the bank offers a new chequebook to the customers upon opening a fresh account in SBI. If your chequebook leaves are exhausted then, you can request a new SBI Cheque Book.
Wondering How to Apply For Cheque Book in SBI? Individuals can easily apply for a chequebook in the State Bank of India in different ways. By using the net banking provision, the YONO SBI app, and through SMS, SBI customers can request a new chequebook. Whether you have a savings account or a current account in SBI, you can easily apply for a chequebook. Usually, the chequebook comprises 25 pages, 50 pages, or 100 pages. Depending on your requirement and the frequency of chequebook usage, you can select the count of cheque leaves.
In this guide, we have explained the procedure of Application for Cheque Book SBI online and offline. Check it out!
SBI Cheque Book Request Online
One of the easiest ways to apply for a new chequebook is SBI Cheque Book Request Online. To access this method, you must have a net banking account in SBI. If you have a valid username and password [net banking credentials], you will be able to request an SBI Cheque Book online. Go through the step-by-step procedure furnished below to apply for an SBI chequebook online:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the State Bank of India i.e., at onlinesbi.com.
- On the home page of the website, you will find the button ‘Continue to Login’. Click on it.
- You will be prompted to enter the login credentials on the next web page.
- Enter your SBI Username and Password in the given fields.
- Enter a random captcha code in the provided field as shown on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- You will be landed on the dashboard of your SBI account.
- You can find a series of tabs on the top of the screen.
- Click on the tab ‘Request & Enquiries’.
- On the next page, you need to select the option ‘Cheque Book Services’ >> ‘Cheque Book Request’.
- The next option is you must choose the account for which you wish to apply for a new chequebook.
- Further, you need to select a few options from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Multi-city option.
- You can choose the number of chequebooks from the drop-down menu.
- In the next option, you will be prompted to select the number of cheque leaves in a chequebook from the drop-down menu. Usually, a chequebook comprises 10, 20, 25, 50 leaves, and more.
- In the next option, by default, the instrument subcategory will be ‘Bearer Cheque’.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the button ‘Submit.’
- On the next screen, you will be asked to verify the details of your chequebook request.
- All your details like the account number, branch name, number of chequebooks, cheque leaves, etc. will be shown on the screen.
- Verify whether all the details provided are correct or not.
- Further, you need to select the delivery address at which the chequebook will be sent.
- You can find three options i.e., Registered address, Last Available Dispatched Address, and New Address.
- Based on your preference, you can select the option.
- If you select the new address, you must enter your new address details, city, state, and Pincode.
- Lastly, tick the checkbox to agree that all the contact details can be shared with the courier.
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given space and submit the same.
- That’s all! Your Application for Cheque Book SBI has been submitted successfully.
Once all your details are verified, the corresponding bank authorities will issue a new SBI Cheque Book and dispatch it to your address. This is the detailed procedure for SBI Cheque Book Request Online.
SBI provides another great facility to its customers i.e., to track the SBI Cheque Book Status. For that, the customers need to visit the official website of SBI and log into the net banking account. Click on the tab ‘Request & Enquiries’ >> ‘Cheque Book Request.’
- On the next screen, you will find a tab ‘History’. Click on it.
- Further, you must select the account for which you want to know the chequebook request history.
- Below that, you need to hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- You can then view the chequebook request confirmation status on the screen displaying the issuing date, chequebook number, and the SBI branch code.
- If you don’t find anything on this page then, it indicates that your chequebook request is still pending or there is some kind of delay due to some issues.
SBI Cheque Book Request Through YONO App
SBI Cheque Book Request through Yono App is another simple method to apply for a new chequebook in SBI. YONO SBI is a widely popular mobile app designed and launched by SBI for its customers. Through this app, the SBI accountholders can perform a variety of transactions, bill payments, and a lot more. Just by sitting at home, you can easily request for SBI Cheque Book Apply through YONO App. All you need to have is a smartphone and the YONO app installed on it. If you’re not fully aware of the procedure for SBI Cheque Book Request through Yono App, just go through this in-depth guide. Take a look!
- Initially, open YONO SBI mobile app from your device.
- On the home page of the app, you will be prompted to log into the YONO app using MPIN or net banking login credentials.
- After logging into the SBI YONO mobile app, you will find the dashboard.
- Before heading out to apply for a chequebook in SBI, make sure you have a cheque book account in SBI. If you hold a non-chequebook account then, you must convert it into a chequebook account in the first place.
- Now, proceed to the SBI Cheque Book Request using the YONO SBI app.
- On the left corner of the screen, you can find the menu option.
- Click on the option ‘Service Request’.
- A plethora of options will be displayed on the screen.
- From the given options, click on the option ‘Cheques’.
- Further, click on the option ‘Request Cheque Book’.
- On the next screen, you need to select the bank account for which you want to apply for a chequebook.
- Further, you need to select the total number of cheque leaves you wish to have on your new chequebook.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Lastly, choose your registered address to which the new SBI Chequebook needs to be dispatched.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your SBI Cheque Book Request through Yono App has been submitted successfully.
SBI Cheque Book Request through SMS
Another method to apply for a chequebook is SBI Cheque Book Request through SMS. If you want to apply for a new SBI Chequebook, you need to send an SMS from your registered mobile number. The SMS must be sent in a prescribed format. You may not be able to access this method if your mobile number isn’t registered with your bank account. To register your mobile number with your SBI bank account, you must visit the nearest home branch of SBI. Once the application for the mobile number link with the SBI account has been submitted, you have registered your mobile number successfully. Further, you can proceed to request a new SBI chequebook through SMS. Check it out!
- In the body of the message, you need to type ‘CHQREQ’ and send this message to 09223488888 from your registered mobile number.
- In the message, you will be given some instructions. Follow the same and copy the code mentioned in the message.
- Once again, send the code to 09223588888.
- Immediately, you will get a confirmation SMS stating that you have successfully applied for the SBI Cheque Book Request.
That’s it! This is the simple procedure to apply for SBI Cheque Book Request through SMS.
SBI Cheque Book Charges
Exploring the SBI Cheque Book Charges? If so, you’re in the right place! State Bank of India imposes certain charges to issue a new SBI Cheque Book to the customers. The SBI Cheque Book Charges will vary depending on the type of account you are holding in SBI.
- Customers holding an SBI Savings Account maintaining a quarterly average balance below Rs. 25000 will be levied Rs. 3 per cheque leaf.
- SBI bank account holders holding a Savings account with a quarterly average balance of Rs. 25000 and more will be charged Rs. 2 per cheque leaf.
- For senior citizens and salary account holders, SBI bank provides 50 free cheque leaves a year.
- For other P-Segment/AGL Segment holders, SBI issues 20 free cheque leaves per year.
That’s all! This is everything you need to understand about the procedure on How to Apply For Cheque Book in SBI. Through this article, we have covered different ways to request an SBI Cheque book both online and offline. If you still have any doubts or queries regarding this post, feel free to ask us in the comments section. Stay in touch with our website indonline for more articles based on banking services.
Do you still have any queries about this topic? For all those, we have mentioned the frequently asked questions along with the answers in this post. Check it out!
- 1. SBI Cheque Book Delivery Time
SBI issues a chequebook to the customers within 3 working days from the date of the SBI Cheque Book Request.
- 2. How to Request Cheque Book in SBI?
Through different ways i.e., through net banking, SMS, the YONO SBI app, and by visiting the SBI branch, you can request cheque book in SBI.