State Bank of India is one of the leading nationalized banks in the country with millions of customer-base holding a variety of accounts. Since its evolution as State Bank of India in 1955, SBI has been rendering excellent banking and financial services to the accountholders. For the past few decades, we have been witnessing rapid digital growth in the banking sector, that’s why SBI Introduced Mobile Banking. Let’s go through this in-depth guide that explains the SBI Mobile Banking Registration procedure. Gear up to learn how to activate mobile banking in SBI to simplify various banking-related tasks.
SBI Mobile Banking is one such banking service that renders a top-notch banking experience to its customers. In this digital era, almost every individual owns a smartphone. Considering this scenario, SBI has rolled out a unique mobile banking service to its customers. One can perform a variety of transactions right from your home, office, or anywhere across the globe through SBI Mobile Banking App. SBI has been delivering loads of innovative banking services to its customers that make life simpler and quicker.
Different Ways for SBI Mobile Banking Registration
Customers who make bank transactions regularly can make use of mobile banking and handle various tasks with ease. The users can make quick payments, easy bill payments, recharge their mobile phones, and a lot more through SBI Mobile Banking. Customers can easily transfer money, view detailed bank statements, get fixed deposit status, and perform any type of banking transaction with ease through SBI mobile banking app.
Regardless of the network service provider, SBI customers can utilize mobile banking services. SBI doesn’t impose any kind of extra charges for providing various mobile banking services to its account holders. Before accessing this banking service, SBI customers need to activate mobile banking. SBI provides several online and offline methods for SBI Mobile Banking Registration and Activation. One can easily register for Mobile Banking at the SBI bank branch, SBI ATM, through an SMS, and via the YONO SBI Mobile app. Here, we have furnished different ways that explain ‘How To Activate Mobile Banking In SBI’. Let’s go through this in-depth guide. Keep in mind that you need to have registered mobile number with you for some methods.
How To Activate Mobile Banking In SBI Branch?
The most common and traditional way of activating mobile banking in SBI is by visiting the nearest SBI bank branch. If you have enough time to visit the bank branch and wait until the SBI Mobile Banking Activation then, you can go with this method. Here are the simple steps that help SBI customers to register and activate SBI Mobile Banking by visiting the SBI branch.
- Firstly, visit the SBI home branch in your location.
- Go to the helpdesk in the branch and ask for the SBI Mobile Banking Registration Request Form.
- On the registration form, you need to fill few vital details that include the following:
- SBI Bank Branch
- Name of the Customer
- Email ID
- Date of Birth [DD/MM/YY format]
- User ID
- Mobile Number
- Primary Account Number
- Other Account Numbers [If any]
- Signature of the Account Holder
- Make sure you fill in the SBI mobile banking registration form with the correct information.
- Through this registration form, you inform that you wish to register for SBI mobile banking services.
- Make sure you have read all the terms and conditions prescribed by SBI to utilize mobile banking services.
- You will be given a User ID and MPIN using which you can handle a variety of mobile banking services.
- Upon filling out the registration form submit the same at the branch office.
- You will get approval to access various SBI mobile banking services.
- State Bank of India authorities will activate mobile banking services against your account.
- Through this mobile banking service, you can perform a variety of banking transactions without using an SBI Debit Card.
That’s it! This is the simple procedure for SBI Mobile Banking Registration through the SBI bank branch.
SBI Mobile Banking Registration with ATM
Want to know How to Activate Mobile Banking in SBI through ATM? State Bank of India allows its accountholders to register for mobile banking services by visiting the nearest SBI ATM Centre. It’s a quite simple process so the users can go through the detailed steps furnished below:
- First of all, visit the nearest SBI ATM in your location.
- Insert your SBI Debit/ATM Card in the card slot.
- A list of options will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the option ‘Mobile Registration.’
- Further, choose the option ‘Mobile Banking’ >> Registration.
- The next screen prompts you to enter your registered mobile number. After typing the mobile number, tap on the option ‘Yes.’
- Confirm your mobile number and proceed to the next step.
- In a couple of seconds, you will receive a transaction slip after the confirmation of the registration process.
- Immediately, the account holder will get a confirmation SMS stating that the SBI Mobile Banking Activation is finished successfully.
By following these steps, you can register for SBI Mobile Banking at the ATM.
By Sending an SMS
- Initially, the users need to get their unique user ID and a default MPIN for mobile banking.
- To receive the User ID and MPIN, the customers need to send an SMS as <MBSREG> to 9223440000/ 567676 from their registered mobile number.
- The account holders will receive the User ID and default MPIN through an SMS.
- You need to change the MPIN after receiving it through SMS on your registered mobile number.
- After successfully changing the MPIN, the customers can finish the whole registration process by visiting the nearby SBI Branch, SBI ATM, YONO SBI App, or Onlinesbi.
These are the easy steps that allow the customers to register for SBI Mobile Banking service just by sending an SMS.
How to Register In YONO SBI Mobile App
Another easy method for SBI Mobile Banking Registration Process Online is by accessing the YONO SBI mobile app. SBI YONO is a widely popular mobile banking app designed and launched for SBI customers. YONO is an acronym for You Only Need One. Through this app, account holders can access a wide range of SBI banking services that eventually delivers an excellent banking experience to customers. Here is the step-by-step procedure to register in YONO SBI mobile app:
- Firstly, visit the Google Play Store or iOS App Store from your Android or iOS device.
- From the corresponding app stores, you can search for the YONO SBI or YONO Lite SBI mobile apps in the search space.
- Download the SBI YONO mobile app on your device.
- Install the SBI YONO app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the YONO SBI app after the completion of the installation process.
- On the home screen of the YONO SBI app, you can see the ‘Login’ section.
- If you are an existing net banking user, just tap on the option ‘Existing Customer’.
- On the next screen, you will find a 3-step procedure to register on the YONO SBI app.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- For YONO SBI Registration, you need to enter your mobile number and PAN Number.
- Further, enter your SBI account number and date of birth in the given fields.
- After filling the two fields, by default, your SBI home branch name will be shown in the next field.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the 6-digit OTP that you have received on your mobile. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- On the next screen, you can review user details. Depending on what kind of transactions you wish to do on the mobile app, you must select the transaction rights. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your preferred username in the given field. Check whether this username is available or not. Otherwise, you can choose a username from the given options.
- Enter a strong password twice for confirmation.
- Hit the ‘Confirm’ button.
- On the next screen, a reference number will be shown.
- The message says that you have successfully registered for YONO SBI on your mobile.
- For activation of your YONO User ID, you must visit the bank branch with the above reference number within 30 days.
- After getting approval for the username from the concerned bank branch, you will get an activation code on your registered mobile number and Email ID.
- Now, you can proceed with the YONO SBI Mobile Banking Registration process.
- Now, open the YONO SBI app and click on the option ‘I have activation code’.
- On the next screen, you must enter your username, password, referral code [optional], and activation code that you have received on your mobile number.
- After entering all the details, hit the ‘Next’ button.
- You will then receive a message stating that ‘You have successfully activated your account on YONO’.
- Further, hit the button ‘Go to YONO Home’.
- On the login page, it prompts you to enter a new password.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Click on the button ‘Change Password’.
- After changing the password successfully, you can set a 6-digit MPIN. For that, click on the button ‘Set MPIN’.
- On the next screen, you must accept all the terms and conditions of using MPIN. Hit the ‘next’ button.
- Set a new MPIN and type it twice for confirmation.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP. Enter the same on the next screen. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- A pop-up screen will be shown that reads ‘Congratulations! You have successfully registered’.
That’s all! You have successfully registered in YONO SBI mobile app. Now, you can proceed to log into the YONO SBI app to utilize a wide array of SBI Mobile Banking services.
YONO SBI Mobile Banking Login
Now you can proceed to SBI Personal Banking Login on Mobile i.e., on YONO SBI mobile app. Go through the detailed steps furnished below to log into YONO SBI to access the Mobile Banking service.
- First of all, open the YONO SBI app on your mobile phone.
- Log into your SBI account by entering your 6-digit MPIN.
- Otherwise, you can prefer entering the Username and Password by choosing the option User ID.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘Login’ button.
- On the dashboard of the YONO SBI app, a list of banking services will be shown on the screen.
- You can access mobile banking services anytime through the YONO SBI app.
Using the aforementioned steps, you can easily log into your YONO SBI mobile app.
Funds Transfer Using SBI YONO App
One of the noteworthy YONO SBI mobile banking app services includes transferring funds at great ease. Here is the detailed procedure on how to transfer funds using the YONO SBI mobile app.
- Initially, open YONO SBI app on your mobile phone.
- Log into your YONO SBI account by entering the MPIN or the User ID.
- On the next screen, you can find a series of options.
- From the list of options, choose the option ‘YONO Pay’.
- On the next screen, you need to select the option ‘Bank Account’ to transfer funds to an individual or other bank account.
- Further, you will be prompted to select the beneficiary from the available options.
- Otherwise, if you have any frequent transactions, you can choose the option ‘Frequent Transfer’.
- If you want to transfer funds to a new beneficiary, just click on the button ‘Pay a New Beneficiary’.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Further, you must choose the SBI Account from which you wish to make a fund transfer.
- After selecting the account, the available balance on that particular account will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer to the beneficiary account.
- Mention the remarks if any and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- If you want to schedule your payment in the future, you can tick the checkbox ‘Pay Later’.
- On the next screen, you can review the details like the beneficiary account number, SBI account number, amount, and the applicable charges for this transfer.
- Tick the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions.
- Hit the ‘Confirm’ button.
- On the next screen, you will find a message stating that the transaction is successful.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to transfer funds using the YONO SBI mobile app.
Services Available on SBI Mobile Banking
Go through the list of services available on the YONO SBI mobile banking app. Customers can access the below-mentioned mobile banking services offered by SBI through the YONO SBI app.
- Customers can get their SBI account details all in one place.
- Access fixed deposit accounts
- Users can access their SBI bank account statement and account summary with much ease.
- Through the YONO SBI app, you can recharge your mobile number, DTH recharge, pay a variety of utility bills and recharge your state bank wallet.
- Access e-statements every month
- Quick Fund transfer through different modes i.e., NEFT, RTGS, UPI, and IMPS
- Ability to access mPassbook
- Acquire or cancel MMID
- Request new SBI chequebook
- Submit Form 15G/15H easily through the YONO SBI app
- Easy to book railway tickets
- Schedule/Manage monthly utility bills
That’s it! This is everything you need to understand about the SBI Mobile Banking App. In addition, through this article, we have covered different methods to register and activate SBI mobile banking i.e., via ATM, bank branch, and YONO SBI. This guide has helped you in accessing a variety of mobile banking services right from your mobile phone. If you have any doubts or queries, ask us in the comments space. Visit our website Indonline frequently for more SBI-related articles.
Till now, you have seen the different methods to register for SBI Mobile Banking both online and offline. If you still have any questions regarding this article, check the answer to a few questions given below.
1. SBI Mobile Banking App Download For Android
YONO SBI is the popular mobile banking app available to SBI customers. This app can be easily downloaded and installed on Android devices from the Google Play Store app store.
2. Can I Send The SMS For SBI Mobile Banking Registration From Any Mobile Number?
No, you cannot send an SMS for SBI mobile banking registration from any other mobile number. You will be allowed to send the SMS for mobile banking registration from your registered mobile number itself.