Have you lost your HDFC Debit Card? Whether your HDFC ATM Card is lost or theft, the first thing you must do is to Block HDFC Debit Card. In some cases, you may misplace your HDFC Debit Card and forget where you had placed it. Unfortunately, if your ATM Card falls into an unauthorized person’s hands then, they may misuse the Debit Card. To evade all these unfortunate situations, you must block your HDFC Debit Card. There are a variety of ways to block your HDFC Debit Card i.e., both online and offline methods. Do you want to know How to Block HDFC Debit Card? If you aren’t aware of the detailed procedure about the methods to block your debit card then, you’re in the right place! Here’s a complete guide that explains different methods to block HDFC ATM Card.
Methods to Block HDFC ATM Card
HDFC Bank is one of the popular private sector banks in India that offers a wide array of online and offline banking services to customers. With its exceptional banking products, online services, and more, HDFC Bank has become the 3rd largest bank in terms of market capitalization. Debit Cards are one of the beneficial banking products provided by HDFC Bank to its account holders. Using a debit card, customers can perform a plethora of transactions such as amount withdrawals, deposits, bill payments, and more.
In case, if your HDFC Debit Card Lost or forget where you placed your HDFC Debit Card then, the bank allows its customers to HDFC ATM Card Block. Using different methods, the account holders can block their HDFC Debit Cards. For safety reasons, customers should instantly block it through a variety of methods. Here is a detailed guide that explains different Methods to Block HDFC ATM Card. Check it out!
Block Debit Card by Calling
Once you come to know that your HDFC Debit Card is lost, the immediate thing you must do is block your debit card to hinder unauthorized transactions. HDFC bank customers can Block Debit Card by Calling the HDFC Toll-Free Number or Helpline Number. HDFC Bank provides customer care service to its customers to resolve any kind of banking-related issues. To block your HDFC Debit Card, you can call the HDFC Bank’s Customer Care Number in your location.
HDFC Bank Customer Care Numbers
1800 202 6161
1860 267 6161
HDFC Bank Toll-Free Numbers
1800 180 2222
1800 103 2222
HDFC Bank Helpline Number
- The aforementioned customer care numbers are accessible throughout the country. By calling any of the HDFC Card Block Number, you can block your HDFC Bank Debit Card.
- Once the call gets connected, you need to follow the phone call instructions to select an option for ‘Card Blocking’.
- When your call is transferred to the customer care executive, you will be asked to provide the last 6 digits of your HDFC Debit Card Number.
- Make sure you don’t mention your CVV, the Expiry Date of your Debit Card, your Debit Card PIN, and other confidential details.
- After verifying all your details, your HDFC Debit Card will be blocked successfully.
Block With Mobile Banking App
Another simple method to block your HDFC Debit Card is by accessing the HDFC Mobile Banking App. To Block With Mobile Banking App, you need to download the HDFC Bank Mobile Banking app on your device. In this post, we have provided a detailed step-by-step procedure to block the HDFC Debit Card using the HDFC Mobile Banking app.
- Initially, download HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App on your phone by visiting the Google Play Store.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the app installation process.
- Open the HDFC Mobile Banking app on your device and log into the app using your customer ID and Password or a 4-digit IPIN.
- After landing on the home screen of the mobile app, you need to click on the ‘Menu’ option.
- A list of options will be displayed on the screen under the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option ‘Pay’. Further, select the option ‘Cards’.
- All your HDFC Debit Cards associated with the bank will display on the screen.
- Choose the Debit Card that you wish to block.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to pick a reason for blocking the debit card.
- If required, you can even add a remark in the ‘Remarks’ section. However, it’s optional.
- Lastly, click on the tab ‘Block Card’.
- Your HDFC Debit Card will be blocked successfully.
- After blocking the Debit Card, it cannot be used to perform any sort of banking transaction.
How to Block Debit Card in HDFC Netbanking
The most simple and quickest way of blocking the HDFC Debit Card is through the Net banking account. To utilize this method, you need to have a net banking account with valid login credentials i.e., Customer ID and Password. Through this guide, we have explained the detailed procedure of How to Block Debit Card in HDFC Net banking. If you haven’t enabled this feature on your account then Read Our Guide on HDFC Net Banking Activation.
- Visit the official website of HDFC Net Banking from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you will be asked to enter your Customer ID and Username in the given fields.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- You need to tick the checkbox to confirm your Secure Access Image.
- After logging into the HDFC Net Banking account, you can find a series of tabs on the top of the screen.
- Click on the tab ‘Cards’ from the menu.
- From the Debit Cards section, you need to select the option ‘Requests’.
- Under the sub-menu, click on the option ‘Debit Card Hotlisting’.
- Further, you need to select the card you wish to block.
- Mention the reason for blocking your HDFC Debit Card.
- From the drop-down menu, you can select a reason for blocking i.e., card lost, card damaged, card not received, card destroyed, and more.
- The next option is to mention a remark (optional).
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Your HDFC Debit Card will be blocked instantly.
That’s all! This is the simple procedure for HDFC ATM Card Block through net banking.
How to Block HDFC Debit Card by SMS
Till now, you’ve seen three different methods to HDFC ATM Card Block via net banking, calling the customer care number, and mobile banking app. HDFC provides another simplest way to Block Debit Card i.e., through an SMS. Want to know How to Block HDFC Debit Card by SMS? Here is the detailed procedure to block just by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
Customers need to send an SMS in a specific format from their registered mobile number. Here’s the SMS format:
Type BLOCKCARD <<Space >> the Last 6 Digits of your Debit Card Number and send it to 9223150150.
After sending this SMS from your mobile, your HDFC Debit Card will be blocked successfully. To utilize this method, you need to have enough balance on your mobile phone. Make sure that you have your registered mobile number associated with the bank to access this method. You will be charged some amount to send an SMS from your registered mobile number.
This is the detailed procedure to understand How to Block HDFC Debit Card. Hopefully, this article has helped you learn different methods to Block HDFC ATM Card i.e., through the net banking account, SMS, calling the customer care number, and mobile banking app. If you have any doubts regarding this post, feel free to ask us in the comments section. Stay in touch with our website INDonline to get more banking-related articles.