Are you a new HDFC account holder? If so, you might have received an HDFC Debit Card to carry out quick transactions. But, have you generated an ATM PIN for your HDFC Debit Card? If not, this guide is right for you. New Accountholders would be extremely excited about obtaining a new Debit Card for their savings or current account. But, you can’t use it as it is instantly until you activate the debit card. HDFC Debit Card PIN Generation is an easy process but for beginners, it might appear as a difficult procedure. Here’s a detailed guide that explains ‘How To Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN‘ through different methods. Have a look!
How To Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN
HDFC Bank is one of the leading private sector banks in the country that offers an extensive range of banking services and financial products to its customers. Debit Cards play a crucial role in the current era as people use them to credit and debit money whenever required from nearby ATMs. Moreover, Debit Card is a significant banking product provided by HDFC Bank to its customers to make bill payments, funds transfers, and more.
If you’re a new HDFC customer, the bank provides a welcome kit comprising a debit card. The next step after receiving the HDFC Welcome Kit is HDFC ATM PIN Generation. Though you got your new HDFC Debit Card, you can access it only after activating the debit card. Individuals can Activate HDFC Debit Card in different ways i.e., both online and offline modes. Once the account holders get a new debit card, it must be activated within a prescribed period. Otherwise, the PIN issued by the bank goes void.
In this article, we have mentioned three ways that explain ‘How To Generate ATM PIN HDFC’ i.e., via net banking, mobile banking, and through the HDFC ATM. Read on and choose the one that is convenient for you.
HDFC ATM Card PIN Through Net Banking
One of the easiest ways to Activate HDFC Debit Card PIN is by accessing the net banking account. Before heading out to the HDFC official website for HDFC ATM PIN Generation, customers need to keep a few details handy. Some of the key things to be required for HDFC Debit Card PIN Generation include the following.
- HDFC Debit Card
- HDFC Debit Card PIN (Received by the customer in the welcome kit after opening a fresh HDFC Bank Account)
- Registered Mobile Number associated with the HDFC Bank Account
- Existing Net Banking User
Go through the step-by-step procedure explained below for generating HDFC ATM Card PIN Through Net Banking. Check it out!
- Initially, visit the official website of HDFC to access the net banking account from your device.
- On the homepage of the website, you will be asked to enter your Customer ID/User ID in the given field.
- You will find the customer ID on the welcome kit.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the Password/IPIN in the provided field.
- Below that, you need to tick the checkbox to verify your Secure Access ID. Hit the ‘Login’ button.
- After logging into your HDFC net banking account, you will land on the dashboard.
- On the same page, you can find the ‘Cards’ tab displayed at the top of the webpage.
- On the left-hand side menu, you can find a list of options.
- From the given options, you need to click on the option ‘Debit Cards’.
- Further, you need to select the option ‘Instant PIN Generation’ under the ‘Request’ tab.
- On the next page, you will be asked to select a few options for instant PIN Generation.
- Select a Card from the drop-down menu for which you wish to activate the PIN.
- In the next field, you must enter a new 4-Digit PIN in the provided field.
- Enter the 4-Digit PIN twice for confirmation and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next page, it asks ‘Do you like to confirm the new pin generation request’. Below that, you can find your Debit Card Number.
- Just click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- For further authentication, you need to enter your registered mobile number in the given space.
- Make sure you enter the mobile number which is already registered with HDFC Bank.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Your registered mobile number will get an SMS comprising the OTP.
- Enter the One Time Password in the empty box and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next page, you can find a message that reads ‘Thank you for Banking with us. The PIN for Debit Card has been successfully changed. You can now use your PIN for shopping and ATM transactions.’
That’s all! This is the easy process for HDFC Bank ATM PIN Generation Through Net Banking. From now, you can start accessing your new HDFC Debit Card at shopping malls, ATM Centers, and more for funds transfer and amount withdrawal.
HDFC Debit Card/ATM PIN Through Mobile Banking
Another easy procedure to generate HDFC Debit Card PIN is by using mobile banking. HDFC Bank provides an HDFC Mobile Banking app to customers to handle a variety of banking transactions right from their mobile phones. Before proceeding to understand the HDFC ATM PIN Generation through mobile banking, you need to register on HDFC Mobile Banking. If you haven’t registered on HDFC Mobile Banking, you can check HDFC Mobile Banking Activation explained in our previous posts. In this post, we have mentioned the detailed procedure to activate HDFC Debit Card/ ATM PIN Through Mobile Banking. Check it out!
- First of all, open HDFC Mobile Banking app on your device.
- On the home screen, you need to log into HDFC Mobile Banking by entering valid login credentials.
- Enter the IPIN and log into your mobile banking account.
- On the mobile banking app, you can find the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From the list of options, you need to tap on the option ‘Pay’.
- Under the Pay option, you need to select another option ‘Cards’.
- On the next screen, it displays all your debit card details including the domestic limit.
- Click on the arrow next to the domestic limit.
- On the next screen, you can find a couple of options i.e., Set PIN and Block.
- Select the option ‘Set PIN.
- On the next screen, you can find your registered mobile number displayed on the screen.
- To verify your mobile number, you need to tick the checkbox next to the option ‘Mobile Number is correct’.
- Below that, you will be prompted to enter a new 4-digit PIN twice for confirmation.
- Further, tick the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to confirm your mobile number or email id to receive the OTP.
- Select the mobile number and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the same in the given space. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Once the verification is done, you can find a message that states ‘You have successfully set your Debit Card PIN.’
- Hit the ‘Done’ button’.
Well, this is the easy procedure to Activate HDFC Debit Card PIN through mobile banking.
Generate HDFC Debit Card Through HDFC ATM?
Wondering how to Generate HDFC Debit Card Through HDFC ATM? Till now, you have seen two methods to generate the HDFC Debit Card PIN via net banking and mobile banking. Now, let’s go through the simple process to generate the HDFC ATM PIN through offline mode i.e., by visiting the nearest HDFC ATM. Check it out!
- Visit the nearest HDFC ATM in your location.
- Place your HDFC Debit Card/ATM in the card slot.
- On the screen, you can find a list of options.
- Choose a language of your choice to carry out the transaction.
- On the next screen, you can find a couple of options i.e., Main Menu and Set your PIN.
- Click on the option ‘Set your PIN.’
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the 6-digit OTP that you’ve received on your registered mobile number.
- After entering the OTP, tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Further, you need to enter your mobile number registered with the bank. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- On the next screen, it asks you to enter your new 4-digit ATM PIN.
- Further, it asks you to re-enter your new 4-digit ATM PIN to confirm.
- It asks you to wait to process your request.
- In a couple of seconds, a message will be shown on the screen that reads ‘ you have successfully changed your ATM PIN’.
- You can then and there check whether the HDFC Bank Debit Card PIN Generation through ATM is successful or not.
- Remove the ATM Card and place it in the card slot once again.
- If you’re able to perform the transaction using the new Debit Card PIN, it indicates that your HDFC ATM PIN Generation through ATM is successful.
That’s all! This is everything you need to understand about HDFC Debit Card PIN Generation. Hopefully, this article has given adequate information about How To Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN through net banking, ATM, and mobile banking. Do you have any doubts? If so, let us know in the comments section. Stay in touch with our website INDonline for more articles related to banking services, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and more.
1. Can I Change My HDFC ATM /Debit Card PIN?
Yes, you can easily change your HDC Debit Card PIN. HDFC Debit Card PIN can be changed anytime through any of the ways i.e., through net banking, mobile banking, ATM Center, SMS, and others.
2. What are ATM PIN Generation Charges?
HDFC Bank will impose certain charges for HDFC ATM PIN Generation. The bank will charge Rs. 50 + additional taxes to generate HDFC Debit Card PIN.