Traveling abroad from India for a holiday trip? Worried about currency exchanges or international payments? All the time, you may not carry currency wherever you visit during a foreign trip. Despite having an adequate amount in your ICICI bank account, the bank doesn’t always allow international usage on all its debit cards. You cannot enjoy your holiday trip if you can’t purchase whatever you wish to at the international malls. Even if you think of using your ICICI debit card, your card won’t be accepted.
To evade all these issues, ICICI bank customers can enable international transaction on their debit cards. ICICI Bank allows its accountholders to enable or activate international transaction on its debit cards. How to Enable International Transaction on ICICI Debit Card? If you don’t know the detailed procedure to activate this provision on your debit card, we are here to help you. Here is an in-depth guide that helps you understand the ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Activation procedure. Have a glance!
How to Enable International Transaction on ICICI Debit Card
ICICI Bank is one of the most popular private banks in India headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. ICICI Bank offers an extensive range of banking products and financial services that includes banking, credit and debit cards, mortgage loans, mutual funds, and a lot more. One of the noteworthy banking products offered by ICICI Bank is the debit card. This bank offers a wide range of debit cards with copious benefits.
Want to know How to Activate International Transaction on ICICI Debit Card? If so, you’re in the right place! ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Activation is quite a simple procedure. There are different methods to enable or activate international transactions on ICICI Debit Card. Through the iMobile app, SMS, and customer care, customers can enable international transactions on ICICI Debit Card. Check it out!
1. iMobile Banking App
iMobile is an exceptional ICICI Mobile Banking app rolled out in the year 2014 to provide a slew of banking services to its customers. All smartphone users can carry out a variety of banking transactions right from their mobile anytime, anywhere through the iMobile app. For ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Activation, you can access the iMobile banking app. Check out the detailed procedure to enable international transactions on the ICICI debit card.
- First of all, open the iMobile banking app on your mobile phone.
- Log into the iMobile app by using the PIN or fingerprint.
- On the dashboard of the app, you can find a list of ICICI banking services.
- It includes the fund transfer, my accounts, bill pay, recharge, loans, and a lot more.
- Below that, you can find a tab ‘Services’ at the bottom of the screen. Click on it.
- On the next screen, you can find the list of services available to the customers.
- Tap on the option ‘Cards Services’.
- On the subsequent screen, all the card-related services will be shown.
- As you are looking to enable international transactions on your debit card, you need to choose the option ‘Modify Debit Card Limit’.
- On the next screen, tap on the ‘International’ tab.
- Your savings account details i.e., the account number and debit card number will be shown on the screen.
- The next option is the international limit. You will be prompted to either activate or deactivate the international limit on your debit card.
- Click on that option. From the drop-down menu, you need to select the option ‘Activate’ by clicking on the radio button.
- Below that, you will be asked to modify the limit.
- You need to tick the checkbox to choose both the options i.e., ATM Withdrawal and POS & E-Commerce.
- ATM Withdrawal limit will be between Rs. 1 to a maximum of Rs. 4,50,000. Based on your requirement, you can choose the ATM withdrawal limit.
- In the next step, you can select the POS & E-Commerce limit as well.
- For instance, you can set the ATM withdrawal and POS & E-Commerce Limit to Rs. 100000.
- After choosing the international transaction limit, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your request will be submitted and a pop-up message will be shown on the screen that reads ‘Your international limit for the selected card has been activated.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- You have successfully enabled international transactions on your ICICI Debit Card.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to activate international usage on ICICI Debit cards through the iMobile banking app.
Also Read: How to Activate ICICI Debit Card for Online Transaction
Another simplest procedure to enable international transactions on ICICI debit cards is through SMS. All you need to do is to send an SMS from your registered mobile number. To access this method, you must have your mobile number registered with ICICI Bank. Here’s the SMS format for ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Activation.
Type INTL and send it to 5676766 from your registered mobile number.
Immediately, you will get a confirmation message from the bank regarding the activation of international usage on the ICICI debit card. However, you need to wait for 24 hours to access your debit card for performing international transactions.
3. Customer Care
ICICI Bank customers can utilize another method to enable international transactions on the debit card. By calling the customer care number, the cardholders can request ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Activation. To activate the international usage on your ICICI debit card, call the following customer care number furnished below.
- Firstly, dial the ICICI Customer Care Number i.e., 18601207777 from your registered mobile number.
- Once the call gets connected, the ICICI customer care executive will provide specific options.
- By following the phone call instructions, you can enable international transactions on your ICICI Debit Card.
- After verifying your ICICI account details and the debit card information, the concerned customer care executives will enable international usage on your debit card.
- From then, you will be able to perform a variety of international transactions at different global outlets.
Also Read: ICICI Bank ATM/Debit Card PIN Generation
ICICI Debit Card International Transaction Charges
ICICI Bank will levy certain charges on performing international transactions using the ICICI debit card. Whenever you access your ICICI Debit Card at various global merchants and international POS, the customers will impose specific charges. As per the terms and conditions of ICICI Bank, a markup of 3.5% will be charged on ICICI international Debit Card usage at various outlets.
That’s all! This is everything you need to understand about the procedure on How to Enable International Transaction on ICICI Debit Card. Through this post, we have covered three different methods to activate international usage of ICICI Debit Card across various global malls. Hope this article has helped you in accessing the ICICI Debit Card for international usage. For more doubts or queries, ask us in the comments space. Be in touch with our website Indonline for more posts on different banking services.